” What’s it like having three kids?”Since Having Three children six and under, this is a question that I get asked quite frequently. While I usually respond with the same ” once you get used to two, no biggie just keep adding them on.” While I fully believe my response to be true. I thought I would take a minute to explain the difference between one to three kids, and how life has changed.
- Dress code – you are super mom! You are perfectly dressed, with accessories, makeup and the nine yards at all times!
- Dinner – gourmet meal with desert included – you can hold the baby and cook at the same time
- Date night- everyone wants to watch the new baby so movie with the hubby it is!
- Mornings – are easy, you wake up with a smile, sing to the baby, feed, change and then you all go back to sleep!
- The right thing to do – you have read all the books, know exactly right from wrong, so no sleeping with the baby, no placing the baby to sleep on her tummy and sterilize and boil every bottle, pacifier and toy. If it drops to the ground, well then you have about thirty pacifiers for backup.
- The diaper bag – prepared for all occasions, with extra outfits, layers of clothing , blankets, books and toys, diaper rash cream, and lotion. you are prepared for anything.
- House – the house is perfectly clean, not a thing out-of-place – seriously you could eat off of the floors
- Dress code – If it’s clean it works! enough said. The hairdo changes to a shorter look, you know something easier to deal with
- Dinner – who has time to make dinner, A Turkey Sandwich is semi nutritious. This is also when your children become addicted to finger food – no muss no fuss
- Date night – everyone is suddenly to busy to watch your two kids, so whatever is on DVR will suffice
- Mornings – Coffee, you need coffee! can’t even process daylight without coffee
- The right thing to do – in order to sleep, Co sleeping begins! ” just lay in my bed honey, and fall back asleep it’s okay.”
- The diaper bag – wipes, diapers and extra clothes
- House – Cluttered, but in a semi tidy way. You can see the floor!
- Dress code – Did I shower today? I sure hope this brown stain is chocolate and not poop!
- Dinner – hungry? let’s stop at McDonald’s and get some nuggets
- Date night – A year ago the kids stayed at Grandma’s and we went home and slept? does that count?
- Mornings – uggh it’s time to wake up again – This clock can’t be right
- The right thing to do – Five second rule kid. a little dirt won’t hurt 0 let’s develop your immune system now!
- The diaper Bag – Did we bring it? Whew, and with a diaper and a pack of wipes! We have the essentials!
- The house – hmm, I think i see some of the floor over there, if you move this stuff out of the way, yep that’s it, just clear a path!