I now have over 200 followers which is AWESOME! While by some big bloggy standards that may not mean much but to me it is amazing! It serves as validation that I do have a voice! Thank you all for reading my little blog, this experience has been nothing short of wonderful.
Since i am still considering myself new at this ( less than a year) I thought I would share some tips that I have picked up along the way.
Tips from a blogger while she is still learning!
- SET no Expectations! – Every day 20,000 people decide to start a blog! – amazing huh.. So do not expect to be an overnight success because it will not happen
- You truly have to work at getting followers – In my early days I thought I would just write some stuff and people would read it and follow, but not so much! It wasn’t until I began to interact with other bloggers by commenting on their blogs that I began to build my own community
- Do not be afraid to do something different – if you always write in a certain style it is okay to try something new – you just may discover a new side to you
- Remember your readers can tell the different between a post that has something to say and a post just to post! – In effort to just get something out there, I have done this one myself and guess what? My readers did not buy it! so lesson learned
- It’s okay to take a break – I know you just started and now we are talking about taking a break – but seriously life gets in the way sometimes and it’s just hard! The word press community is amazing and they will be here to support you when you get back!
- It will take time to find your voice I honestly began writing in one style and quickly realized that once I found my voice it was different from I had imagined. I wanted to write in this humorous sarcastic style and while that is certainly one side of me, I always ended up trying to up lift and encourage – so that has become my voice – but still a little sarcasm in the mix here and there
- You will get unfollowed – hey your writing will not be for everyone and while it hurts who the hell cares ( see my sarcasm is still in there) – but honestly the first time I realized i had been unfollowed by a blogger that I truly enjoyed it hurt, but then I realized that we have different styles and mine isn’t for them, so that’s okay with me.
- You will find connections that you have never imagined – there are some bloggers that I would probable be best friends with had they not lived so far away, so it’s nice to meet people across oceans from you that feel like family
- Social Media – this is the key to getting the word our there! Start a Facebook page or twitter account – we are social media machines and it works!
- Just be yourself – Have fun and enjoy the ride!
I hope you enjoyed my tips, They certainly would have helped me when I began almost a year ago! a special thanks to all of my followers who read what this tired mommy has to say! I appreciate all of you for reading and sticking around as this has been a personally enlightening experience in my Life!