My friend over at the Practicing Normal was kind enough to nominate me for a Liebster award. Since I have already received the award I thought I would just participate in the part of getting to know me better. Thank you PRACTICING normal FOR Thinking of me. Below you will find eleven random facts and the answers to your questions.
1. I prefer salty to sweet, no really give me a bag of popcorn or potato chips any day! I much prefer that to chocolate!
2. I got my middle name from a soap opera character and it was almost my first name, but my mom decided to go with April for the first.
3. Before I decided to become a nurse I took a year of pre-med and decided that was not for me. I don’t like being on call!
4. I don’t like to cry in front of people and typically will not!
5. My best friend and I had all three of our babies within months of each other! The first pregnancy was planned and the other two was pure coincidence!
6. I used to play the Trumpet and was pretty good but now could not play a note if I tried!
7. I always wanted to play basketball but due to a heart condition and my height challenges was never able to.
8. I met my biological father while he was a patient in the hospital I work in and never told him who I was or that I knew who he was.
9. My step dad has been my father since I was one year old and is the only father I need.
10. I like to have alone time and in fact crave it, which makes having three children very challenging because there is never alone time like ever. Not even to go to the bathroom. I wrote a post on it once.
11. I love to listen to music! I like it all, Classic Rock is my favorite, some pop but I have pretty much out grown it a little, easy listening, some country, and 80’s!!! I love 80’s music!!!
Okay now for the answers to my questions…
1. If you were writing a book about your life, where would you begin?
I would begin with my birth believe it or not. I was born with a congenital heart defect and had open heart surgery at 6 weeks old. Then they told my mother that I would be a dwarf ( I am not that short!), that I would be sterile ( hmm, three children later, I got your sterile.), and that I would need surgery again as a teenager , The ticker still works for now, so it makes a great story! I should title it My life with a broken heart, borderline dwarfism and raising three kids.. What do you think?
2. What made you decide to start a blog?
This one is easy. January first of last year I was searching for myself. Struggling with losing part of my identity to being a mom and wife I needed something that was all my own and this is what came to mind.
3. Coffee or Tea and why?
Both… Coffee in the morning because it si the best kind of stress relief to hold a nice warm cup f coffee. Serious it’s sunshine in a cup and I would not be a true southern girl if I did not enjoy a glass of sweet tea! What you didn’t know I was southern? Why do you think I say Y’all so much!
4. How has technology changed your world?
How has it not is the better question.
5. What is the strangest present you have ever received?
a guy at work once tried to give me diamond earrings and then got really mad when I told him that my husband would not like that and could not accept. He was actually terminated for following another female to her car two weeks later and harassing her!
6. Share your favorite quote.
I have two: Be the change you wish to see in the world and Treat an illness sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, but treat a person and I guarantee you will win no matter what you do
7. Do your family and friends follow your blog?
My sister-in-law does but the rest read when they feel up to it or I post something on Facebook
8. What goal do you have for your blog in 2015?
To stay true to myself and write what I feel.
9. What is your special talent?
Reading people. I can tell when someone is genuine, I can tell when people are not truthful. This serves me well when making hiring decisions.
10. Do you have siblings and how many?
This one is more difficult to answer. growing up I had a brother and a sister and my brother died at the age of 25.
11. What would be the first thing you would definitely put on your bucket list?
To ride in a Hot Air Balloon! It would be so amazing to ride in one of those while looking down at the ocean!
Thanks again for the nomination and I hope this helped you get to know me a little better!!!