I was driving home from work today thinking about the past few weeks events. If you have read this post, then you know it has been a stressful and challenging week. While sitting at a red light, I read the bumper sticker on the car in front of me. Three simple yet powerful words that caught my eye. I am second.
It’s incredible how something so random and simple can sucker punch in the gut as if to rock you to your core. I am second. I have spent the past few weeks complaining about how hard my life is, how tired I am, and how alone I feel at times. Now I realize how many times I say “I” in a week, day or hour even.
The truth is, I am not first. I am second. Without knowing where these words were coming from, I somehow knew. We are second to God. I am second to God. So I should stop complaining about life right now and just spend more time talking to him. So, now instead of listing my complaints about life, I am going to list my blessings from the week.
- Spending the day at the beach and seeing Mini – Me smile with that contagious sun shiny smile of hers
- Watching 9yo play soccer
- 4yo’s cute little bed head when he wakes up in the morning
- A job that allows me to be home normal work week hours
- our new church home
- The wonderful teachers God has put in our path
- Quiet time for reflection
- Coworkers who make me laugh despite the horrid week we have had
- Potential job opportunities ( I am praying hard to make the right decision on that one)
- Teaching our children to pray
- Fairy Garden’s ( we haven’t killed the flowers yet)
What are your blessings this week?